little coach pitch
1. Teams shall be made up of 5 and 6 year olds. Any town with 2 or more teams must divide the 6 year olds evenly.
2. Each field must have a 10-foot arc in front of home plate.
3. Any batted ball must travel out of the 10-foot arc and into fair territory to be in play. If it does not, it is a dead ball and does not count as a pitch.
4. A runner must pass the hash mark before the ball passes into the 10-foot arc in order to get to the next base. If the ball passes into the arc first, the ball is dead and the runner goes back. If the bases are loaded and the third base runner does not pass the hash mark, before play is called dead, it is a force out at home.
5. All games will use the RB#5 ball.
6. BATS MUST BE LITTLE LEAGUE APPROVED (2 ¼”) Bats can be t-ball bats.
7. A Defense Coach may stand out somewhere in center field to help the fielders. The things the Coach can and can’t do:
A) Has to stand still, can’t run around the field.
B) Has to stay behind the fielders.
C) Can’t delay the next pitch.
D) If the ball hits the coach it is a dead ball and the runners advance 1 base.
E) Can’t yell so loud that it interferes with the base runners.
F) If the coach does not follow this guide lines the umpire will remove the coach from the field and that team cannot have a defense coach for the rest of the game.
8. When the fielder fields and throws to first to get the out if there is an overthrow all runners can advance only 1 base at their own risk (meaning the runner can still be thrown out). If it is the last batter of the inning then this rule will not apply. (This rule is to encourage coaches to teach their players to throw to first.)
9 .Three innings constitutes a complete game or a 1-hour time limit. If there is no winner after 3 innings, it is a tie. (Except tournament play, where extra innings will be played until a winner is decided.)
10. Teams will Bat and field the number of players they have. Lees the 8 players is a forfeit.
11. Lineups may be different in each inning, providing each player in the lineup plays defensively and bats in that inning. Lineups for all 3 innings must be given to the opposing team’s scorekeeper prior to the game.
12. Every eligible player in uniform at game time will participate in the game for a minimum of 2 innings. Except teams that have 16 or more eligible players.